Get Access Now:
Understand the relief options available within Small Claims Court cases such as:
- The remedy of disgorgement,
- The remedy of rescission,
- The remedy of general damages,
- The remedy of punitive damages,
and much more.
The Damages and Remedies presentation explains the principles and rules involved with, among other issues:
- The limited jurisdiction to provide equitable relief within the Small Claims Court;
- The requirement for using best guess assessment when evidence of actual damages is unavailable;
- The principles applicable to the disgorgement remedy including the fallacy of 'waiver of tort';
- The principles applicable to general damage awards for emotional injuries;
- The principles applicable to punitive damage awards for malicious conduct;
- The limited jurisdiction to provide forms of equitable relief;
- The limited availability of Charter of Rights remedies; and
- The limited availability of Human Rights Code remedies.
- A 76 page handout containing extensive case law, fully cited, and linked to CanLII for convenient future use as quick reference secondary source material;
- A nearly four-hour video containing interactive discussion with live event participants and extensive anecdotal explanations of relevant principles; and
- A Certificate of Participation document that licensed legal practitioners can use to confirm completion of up to three substantive hours towards annual continuing professional development requirements.
Learn what every legal practitioner needs to know.
Don't miss out on this informative and entertaining opportunity to learn what you need to know about the damages and remedies available within Small Claims Court proceedings. Learn the knowledge you need to be the best that you can be.
What Do You Already Know About Damages and Remedies?
Take the Damages and Remedies Quiz:
What Was Said Following Other Education Events?
"I will definitely take more of your courses. They are the most informative."
~ Crystal Mcreavy
"The CPDs are more than academic, as there is the generosity of honest experience behind your delivery."
~ Heidi Goertz
"I have truly benefited!."
~ Jennifer Greenway
"You provided an incredibly informative, great, and well-organized CPD ... Thank you for your dedication to the profession."
~ Parisa Hooshmand
"I was quite impressed and informed."
~ Lisa Brown
"Great presentation! Really enjoyed."
~ Ryan Swalm