CPD: Defensive Advocacy with Frank Alfano Includes: Fighting Hand-Held Charges, Knowing Jordan, and Disclosure IssuesPage last modified: February 03 2023
Share to Facebook
Presenter: Frank Alfano, LL.B, LL.M
Qualifies For Up to Three (3) Hours of Substantive CPD.
The Defensive Advocacy presentation explains:
Part One: Understanding Hand-Held Offences
- The difference between distracted driving and hand-held device;
- The identification of the device allegedly held;
- The evidentiary requirements involved; and
- The strategy for fighting the cases.
Part Two: Understanding Jordan Principles
- The Jordan basics;
- The pre-pandemic state of the law;
- The post-pandemic state of the law;
- The expected prosecution arguments - including the same factum that EVERY prosecutor uses; and
- The big difference between Part I and III of the POA as it relates to Jordan applications.
Part Three: Understanding How to Use Disclosure
- The reasons why disclosure is so important;
- The uniqueness of disclosure concerns;
- The disclosure you are entitled to;
- The use of disclosure issues when making an 11(b) argument; and
- The use of disclosure to corner the case of the prosecution.
About the Presenter
Frank Alfano, LL.B, LL.M: paralegal, legal coach, and mentor, is renown for provincial offences and summary criminal knowledge as well as courtroom experience. Within the Defensive Advocacy CPD, Frank shares what every defence practitioner needs to know.